- Rockingham County Sheriff’s Office responded to a gun-related incident in Fulk’s Run this past Saturday. Two people suffered gunshot injuries but nothing life threatening, one was transported to UVA Medical and the other to Sentara RMH. The incident is thought to be a domestic dispute, but the investigation is ongoing. You can read the article here
Photo from: WHSV 3
2. James Madison University’s men’s soccer ties with Northeastern 3-3. The James Madison boys were trailing at half time 3-1, but came back and controlled the game most of the second half and were able to tie it up. They also had a game yesterday (10/8) at Villanova in which they lost 1-0. This was the Duke’s first loss since August. You can read the article here.
Photo from: The Breeze
3. Four Homeless men were killed this past Saturday in Manhattan’s Chinatown District. Police responded to a call around 1 am to find four different men that had been murdered while they slept on the street. A suspect was apprehended by the name of Randy Rodriguez Santos, who is also homeless. Santos was held without bail and will have a trial this coming Friday. You can read the article here. Courtesy of CNN.
Photo From: NBC News
4. A drone video depicting prisoners in the Western Region of Xinjiang was released anonymously last week. The disturbing video shows prisoners blindfolded, heads shaven, and hands bound behind their back as they sit on the ground in oddly aligned rows. The prisoners are supposedly Uyghurs and other Muslim minorities that China has been detaining for about 2 years now. The most troubling part is that former detainees compared the “prisons” to more like internment camps where they were subject to torture and forced “political re-ducation”. You can read the article and watch the video here. Courtesy of CNN.
Photo from: CNN
5. An anonymous whistleblower, who we know to be a CIA official, made a complaint about President Trump’s phone call with Ukraine’s president. A whistleblower is an employee who disclosed information that they believe is evidence of abuse of power, general wrongdoing, or could be a danger to public safety. The complaint deals with foreign interference in American elections for Trump’s personal and political benefit. It now has sparked an impeachment inquiry against him for abuse of power. The whistleblower report said that Trump asked Ukraine’s President to investigate Joe Biden in the 2020 race, as well as Biden’s son, Hunter Biden who is tied to a Ukranian company.
Photo from: www.reuters.com
6. Amber Guyger, a former Dallas police officer, has been sentenced to 10 years in federal prison for the murder of Botham Jean. Guyger entered Jean’s apartment after working an overtime shift thinking the apartment was hers. She saw that the apartment door was ajar, so suspected someone had broken into her apartment. She entered the apartment and shot the victim before realizing it was not her apartment. The murder is surrounded by much controvresy as Jean’s brother delivered a heartfelt testimony that he forgave Guyger for what she had done and hugged her. The judge also hugged Guyger, which leads the public to discuss the difference in racial treatment in the courtroom.
Photo from: www.cnn.com
7. Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott broke up! Insiders say they take many breaks and that their daughter, Stormi, may be the reason they get back together sooner rather than later. Sources say that they live separately most of the time as she lives in Calabasas near her family and he lives in Beverly Hills. She has been accused of going on a 2 am date with the rapper, Tyga, but has denied that rumor through her social media.
Miley Cyrus and Cody Simpson are together! Cyrus split from her husband Liam Hemsworth in August 2019. She had a fling with Brody Jenner’s ex Kaitlynn Carter and is now linked to Cody Simpson! Simpson first flaunted their relationship on his instagram story. As videos leaked of the couple making out while on an outing, Cyrus fired back at the public for slut shaming her. She talked about how there is a double standard at which women are judged, but men are able to do as they please when it comes to dating. She made it clear she is just having fun and living her life.