Welcome back to the Shout Out weekly News Room! Here’s what we have for you this week:
- We briefly talked about what each blogger posted over the past two weeks. If you haven’t been able to keep up on the posts, for any number of reasons, here is the link to our Shout Out! JMU page.
- Global conflict for the “Business President”. Many countries who have relationships with the U.S., and also home to many of trumps companies, are changing their attitudes towards the future president because of all his racist banter pre-election.
- Tensions rise once again between Cuba and the U.S., as Trump threatens to nix the agreement put out by the Obama administration in 2014, if Cuba isn’t willing to put better cards on the table.
- The DAPL Protests escalated since our last newsroom – with protestors being sprayed with high pressure water hoses and tear gas in below freezing temperatures. The story of the Standing Rock protests continues to develop as the Army Corps of Engineers orders the abandonment of one of the protest sites and those occupying the land have stated that they will not abandon their land.
- While many Americans were sitting at their tables for Thanksgiving celebrity Shailene Woodly was serving meals to those protesting the pipeline at Standing Rock over the holiday. While attempting to remind us what this holiday was really founded on (a massacre) she reportedly was arrested herself.
- Ellen DeGeneres receives the Presidential Medal of Freedom…but not before being denied access to the White House.
- People magazine is recognizing 25 celebrity women who are changing the world; in their communities and around the world.
Is there something that happened in the last two weeks that we missed? Let us know what you think we should be talking about in the ShoutOut! Newsroom. We welcome your feedback in the comments below!