Here is an overview of our newsroom discussion:
- An eight year old girl calls out the issue with gendered clothing for children
- Each Woman Act is promoting women’s rights regarding their vaginas and reproduction (why is this still an issue, America?)
- Carnell Snell Jr. shot and killed by LAPD, cops were looking into a stolen car case, and there is a gun allegedly at the scene. Why does this keep happening?
- On Twitter, Trump refers to a former beauty pagaent winner as “disgusting” instead of replying to her accusations (silencing women by pushing the issues under the rug)
- Trump fans say “Hit Clinton Harder” Now while there is nothing wrong with people supporting whoever they want, they shouldn’t use language that promotes abuse
- Jessica Alba diaper campaign saying they see “love” and not “politics”, thoroughly erasing the point of a Democracy. If only we could run this nation solely on love. Why didn’t we think of such a great idea before?
- Despite all of Trump’s misogynistic communication strategies, his female identifying voters say that Trump’s sexism doesn’t matter…
- NYT releases Trumps income tax papers from ‘95 which isn’t cool, but it had to happen
- Feminist bookstore used for filiming in Portlandia takes a stand and cuts all ties with the show, noting its a bad depiction of the actual city and promotes trans-antagonistic and trans-misognystic ideas, erases diversity (by casting too many Caucasian actors), and encouraging/enabling gentrification.
- Women are still called “birds” “squirrels” and “doll”, making the metaphor that women are fragile and weak… it’s 2016, it’s tiem to stop using misogynistic nicknames
- Period Piece song by Jenny Hval on her album Blood Bitch released Friday, with the intent to promote the normalization of menstruation (here is a link to her song)
- Kim Kardashian West held up at gunpoint in Paris this weekend, Kanye cancels his concert when he finds out… No one was harmed! (I’m more interested in the fact Kanye cancelled his concert TBQH)
Feel like we missed something important? Let us know!