Hey guys! Lots of stuff happened in the news this week and I don’t know about you but I think it’s time for a LIST! I love lists. I also love:
- Adult coloring books? Yes, please! If you haven’t already jumped on the “color me calm” wagon, or you’re just looking for something with a bit more purpose, check out She Knows’ new Ruth Bader Ginsburg coloring books! The website offers a brief introduction of my favorite feminist justice (and her robe wearing crew) and the coloring pages are free! Just print here.
- After what can only be described as an interesting Oscars show, “Dr. Luke” (Throw-back to lucilleontheball’s post about Kesha’s court case) tried to silence Kesha after supporting Lady Gaga’s Oscar performance (slay, Gaga) on Instagram. Dude, come on.
- Did you hear the results of Super Tuesday? According to CNN it looks like, for the most part, Trump and Clinton are taking most of the big wins this week. (Cue increase in number of Google searches: “How can I move to Canada?”) For a detailed look at who won what, check out this article from NPR.
- Does anyone actually know where Winchester, VA is? Idk. Small, conservative town has a surprising surge of riots after the alleged suicide of D’Londre Minifield. Protestors questioning the validity of police reports flocked downtown Winc in an effort to raise awareness towards the issue of police brutality.
- It’s Women’s History Month! Hoooorah! Take time this month to thank the strong ladies in your life who are paving the way for female success. And check out this article from the Huffington Post on how to avoid whitewashing feminism.
Alright friends, that’s all I got! Come back next week for your daily dose of feminist news and have a great Women’s History Month!